Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Medical Geography, Population Issues (fertility, mortality and migration), Environmental Issues, Sub-Saharan Africa
- B.Soc.Sc. 1979, University of Malawi
- MA, 1982, Department of Geography, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ph.D., Department of Geography, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Geog 101: Geography of Developing Countries
- Geog 204: Cities of the World
- Geog 384: Population Geography
- Geog 455: Geography of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Krabacher, Thomas, Ezekiel Kalipeni, and Azzedine Layachi. Global Issues: Africa. . New York: McGraw-Hill Contemporary Learning Series, 2012.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, Karen C. Flynn, and Cynthia K. Pope. Strong Women, Dangerous Times: Gender and HIV/AIDS in Africa. . . New York: Nova Science Publishers, 2009.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, Ibulaimu Kakoma, Yibayiri O. Sanogo, Katie Fawcett, and Richard E. Warner. Turning Science into Action: Biodiversity Conservation and Natural Resources Management in Africa. . Trenton, NJ: Africa World Press, 2009.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, Susan Craddock, Joseph R. Oppong, and Jayati Ghosh. HIV/AIDS in Africa: Beyond Epidemiology. . Oxford, UK: Blackwell Publishing, 2004.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel , and Paul T. Zeleza. Sacred Spaces and Public Quarrels: African Economic and Cultural Landscapes. . . Lawrenceville, NJ: Africa World Press, 1999.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, and Philip Thiuri. Issues and Perspectives on Health Care in Contemporary Sub-Saharan Africa. . . Lewiston, New York: Edwin Mellen Press, 1997.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel . Population Growth and Environmental Degradation in Southern Africa. . Boulder, Colorado: Lynne Rienner, 1994.
- Moise, Imelda K., and Ezekiel Kalipeni. "Applications of Geospatial Analysis to Surveillance Data: A Spatial examination of HIV/AIDS Prevalence in Zambia." GeoJournal 74.4 (2012): 525-540.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel , and Leo Zulu. "HIV and AIDS in Africa: A Geographic Analysis at Multiple Spatial Scales." GeoJournal 74.4 (2012): 505-524.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel , Linda Semu, and Margaret A. Mbilizi. "The brain drain of health care professionals from sub-Saharan Africa: a geographic perspective." Progress in Development Studies (PIDS) 12.2&3 (2012): 153-172.
- Jusrut, Poonam, and Ezekiel Kalipeni. "The Impact of HIV/AIDS on Gender Differentials in Life Expectancy in Southern Africa." GeoJournal 74.4 (2012): 541-554.
- Wadhwa, Vandana, Jayati Ghosh, and Ezekiel Kalipeni. "Vulnerability of Women to HIV/AIDS in Delhi and Hyderabad in India.." GeoJournal 74.4 (2012): 475-488.
- Moise, Imelda K., Ezekiel Kalipeni, and Leo C. Zulu. "Analyzing Geographical Access to HIV Sentinel Clinics in Relation to Other Health Clinics in Zambia." Journal of Map and Geography Libraries 7 (2011): 254–281.
- Ghosh, Jayati, Vandana Wadhwa, and Ezekiel Kalipeni. "Vulnerability of Youth to HIV/AIDS in India: Special Reference to Female Slum Youth." Social Science and Medicine 68.4 (2009): 638-642.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel. "HIV/AIDS in Women: Stigma and Gender Empowerment in Africa." Future-HIV Therapy Journal 2.2 (2008): 147-153.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel. "Using GIS to Model and Forecast HIV/AIDS Rates in Africa, 1986-2010." Professional Geographer 60.1 (2008): 33-53.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel . "Concern and Practice Among Men about HIV/AIDS in Low Socioeconomic Income Areas of Lilongwe, Malawi." Social Science and Medicine 64.5 (2007): 1116-1127.
- Ghosh, Jayati, and Ezekiel Kalipeni. "Women in Chinsapo, Malawi: Vulnerability and Risk to HIV/AIDS." Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS 2.2 (2005): 320-332.
Special Issues of a Journal
- Logan, Bernard I., Francis Owusu, and Ezekiel Kalipeni. Beyond the “Post” and Revisionist Discourses in African Development: Exploring Real Solutions to Africa’s Problems. . Spec. iss. of Progress in Development Studies (PIDS) 12.2&3 (2012): 93-257.
- Pope, Cynthia, and Ezekiel Kalipeni. International Geographies of HIV/AIDS. Spec. iss. of GeoJournal 77.4 (2012): 445-590.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, Assata Zerai, and Joseph R. Oppong. HIV/AIDS in Africa: Gender, Agency and Empowerment. Spec. iss. of Social Science and Medicine 64.5 (2007): 1015-1150.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, and Joseph R. Oppong. AIDS, Health Care Systems and Culture in Sub-Saharan Africa: Rethinking and Re-Appraisal. Spec. iss. of African Rural and Urban Studies 3.2 (1999): 1-195.